Starter solenoid.

To: "'Healey List'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starter solenoid.
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 11:51:35 -0000
I have a solenoid on my desk as I type this. Its markings are, I think, as
follows:-

6          57         LUCAS

            76  411E           L          12V

MADE IN ENGLAND.

Under the 6, to the left of the "76" is something, rather worn, which looks
like a Ban-the-bomb peace symbol.you know the thing, like a Mercedes star
upside down??

This thing looks exactly the same as the one in my BMC Service Parts List,
but actually does not - at first glance - resemble the solenoid on my MkII
BT7. (So, no surprises there then!)

It came off a Jag so far as I know, out of "a box of bits" that someone gave
me. I'm having a clear out and would like to know something about this item,
which bench tests OK, before I bin it or flog it.

Does anyone have something which will identify it?

Thanks a lot,

Simon.