RE: Starter solenoid.

To: "'Simon Lachlan'" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: Starter solenoid.
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 07:56:58 -0500
Hi Simon,

The solenoid was made in June 1957.

Obviously it is a Lucas part.

The Lucas part number is 76411E. ( I believe the E is the modification
state).

Don't know what the L stands for and obviously 12 VDC.

Most of these units have the "ban the bomb" symbol on them, as do many other
Lucas components, and again I know not its significance.

Hope that gets you started on your quest!!

Michael Salter

www.precisionsportscar.com