front trunion hangup

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: front trunion hangup
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 10:28:57 -0800
I'm in the process of disassembling my RF suspension and have the
drum/axle/lower A-Arm assembly out of the car.

I've got a hung up lower front trunnion bush which can only be rotated
slightly in either direction. The half-moon cotter is in the loose position
so I'm pretty sure it's not interfering with the rotation of the bush.

My question--are any of these bushes left-hand thread or all 4 of them
normal thread?

I've previously taken the LF side apart and don't recall any left hand
threads being involved.

I'd also like to know if it's possible to remove the steering arm nuts from
the stub axle on the outside without having to disassemble the brakes to
hold the inside of the bolt against rotation on the outside.

Thanks for any help!
--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena CA