Commercially slanted question. Easily offended beware.

To: "'Healey List'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Commercially slanted question. Easily offended beware.
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 19:16:50 -0000
Hi, (Again)

I have a load of (mostly) Shell Service Sheets. A few are BP. Some of you
will recall the days when garages had assistants who could (and would) put
oil in cars. The miraculous bit being that, if they didnt know which oil
went where, they would take the time and trouble to find out! The charts to
which they ran for reference were the Service Sheets to which we refer
here.(Chorus of Those were the days etcetc)

So, I bought this box of these things at the end of a boot fair in order to
extract the few that I wanted. The guy didnt want to pack them all up again
and I suspect was too idle to get them back in order etcetc. So he flogged
me the lot for a good price.

Now, bonfire apart, Im stuck with the rest. Some are American. The usual
namesCadillac, Ford and some others like De Soto, Edsel, & Dodge. Loads of
British from AC, Allard, Armstrong-Siddeley, Minis, Jags,

Triumphs, Rolls, Bentley etc. Austin Atlantic, Healey Silverstone.
ETCETC.Continental names like Alfa, (old) BMW, DKW, Goggomobil(!!) etcetc

So, it strikes me that this stuff must interest someone somewhere. I stuck
some of them on UK eBay with very little success. (Ive had some Jag stuff
on there without anyone even watching. XK150 and 150S, 140, 120 etcetc.)
So, either Im doing something wrong or these things are less interesting as
memorabilia than Id thought. Ive been asking #5.00 regardless of cars
interest/rarity. #5.00, to put it into useful currency is 2 pints of a
decent bitter in a decent pub or about a third of a halfway decent bottle of
scotch.

So, if youre still reading despite the horrid whiff of commerce, any ideas
as to how to find a good home for the interesting ones. Im resigned to
nobody wanting such treasures as the Austin A60 Cambridge Diesel of which
I have 3 copies! (I bet that vehicle was a stinker in every possible sense
of the word!) But the AC Cobra and AC Greyhound.surely they shouldnt burn?

Simon.