New to list with Question (AH 3000 tires)

To: "Jody Kerr" <jodyfkerr@gmail.com>
Subject: New to list with Question (AH 3000 tires)
From: "John Soderling" <jsoderling@astound.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 15:56:56 -0800
Jody,

Yes, there is a radial that fits your wheels nicely, the 165R 15 size.  One
of the best in terms of quality and price is the 165R 15 Kumho Power Star
tire from Tirerack on-line.  They are only about $30 per tire and the
shipping is around $33 for four tires.  I bought four about a year ago and
love them.  Best tires I've had on my Healey - better than the prior Dunlop
SP20's I had.  Kumho tires are big in auto racing, so you know they make
good tires.  The Power Star tires are "T" (118 MPH) rated which is better
than most other available 185R 15 tires which are mostly "S" (112 MPH)
rated.

You need to have a shop mount your tires that has the correct special
equipment to balance and mount wire wheel tires.  The usual shops like Big
"O", America's Tire Store and Wheel Works don't have the correct equipment.
That's why it's just as well to purchase our tires from a web discounter
like TireRack because you have to have them mounted by a specialty shop
anyway.

Here's the Tirerack website for the Kumho tire:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&fromCompare1=yes&vehicleSearch=false&tireModel=Power+Star+758&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=68TR5758&;

Where are you located?  Ask the Healey List for a member in your
geographical area to recommend a local wire wheel shop for you.

Vrooom vroooom,
John
Erika the Red