Re: Timing chain damper on 100

To: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>,
Subject: Re: Timing chain damper on 100
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 17:02:36 -0600
I am currently replacing the cam and crank sprockets at a not insiginificant
cost on my 100 motor because it had been run some time by the DPOs and
myself until I checked without the tensioner ring.

Even with a ring and chain now fitted the parts were worn to the point where
a new tensioner ring would not do the job of creating enough tension.

I would think that frequent oil changes would extend the life of the ring,
as acids and contaminents would not build up so much.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1