RE: SV: Found wondering around the internet....

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SV: Found wondering around the internet....
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 06:52:08 -0800
It's hard to imagine someone posting the story on the internet and then not
wanting to be contacted or talk about it.
I'll try to follow up with Mr. Dailey and if this turns out to be the same
car as the one in Michigan I'll let you all know.

Sometimes being tracked down is not necessarily a bad thing, or remaining
hidden a good thing.  There is a BJ8 in The Netherlands for which I have
found a long USA history, going back through six owners to perhaps the
original in 1969, but none of the mailing, phone, or e-mail addresses I have
for the Dutch owner are valid and he has so far eluded several friends in
Holland who have been trying to contact him for me so I can pass along the
information.  Most of my efforts with the BJ8 registry seem to be related to
trying to connect former owners with later ones and vice versa, and most
owners seem to be interested in the history of their cars.

Here's another interesting story about a Healey:
http://www.britcars.net/sffeb99.html
And 34393 is another of the many BJ8s now in Holland (433 identified).

The BJ8 registry achieved another milestone today, when the 6,500th car was
added to the registry (36.7% of total production).

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC