High beam and ignition lenses

To: "Healey Mail Group" <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: High beam and ignition lenses
From: "Healey Bruce" <healeybruce@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 17:40:04 -0800
Before trying this, I thought I'd tap the wisdom of the list.  The red
lenses for the high beam and ignition warning lamps are missing from the
speedo and tach.  Can anyone provide a procedure or tips on replacing them,
including:

1. What to replace them with or make them out of.  I was thinking I could
punch out little circles from stage light gels.
2. How the gauges come apart
3. Replace from the front side or back side
4. Where the lens fits relative to the little rubber (?) grommet around the
hole

I seem to recall that both are red; is this correct?

Thanks.

Bruce Steele
1960 BN7
Brea, CA