RE: jacks

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: jacks
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:33:21 -0800
I use a scissors jack that came from an '80s-era Chrysler K-car.  It gets
down low enough that I can even get a piece of 2x4 between the jack and the
frame or suspension points to spread out the load.
As far as whacking the fuel pump, I just installed a backup pump that is
selectable from a switch under the dash and wait to get home where it's more
convenient to whack the SU pump.  Also not Concours but a hell of a lot more
convenient (for accessing the pumps, plumbing, filter, and checking/filling
the differential) I installed the rear seats with screws into anchor nuts
from above like BJ7s.  Most of the studs were already broken off the seat
pans anyway.

I used to have regular flats.  Once had two flats on the same 700-mile trip,
resulting in having to leave the car on the shoulder of an interstate for
two hours while someone took me to find a tire and tube.  Then I found Allen
Hendrix and haven't had a flat since, going on 25,000 miles.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC