Re: jacks

To: thehartnetts@earthlink.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: jacks
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 21:36:57 EST
In a message dated 11/19/2006 8:26:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
thehartnetts@earthlink.net writes:

Which  brings up an interesting question for those contempating the purchase
of a  jack:  What is the distance from the ground to the bottom of the  rear
spring  when a rear tire is completely  flat?

And to keep things in perspective, it would also be interesting for us to
consider how many flats we have had during our Healey driving.

I had one flat on my 100 shortly after buying it in 1999 and then on the  old
bias-ply tires that it came with--none since. I had another on my  wife's
3000 during the rallye at Conclave 2006 (with Reid Trummell as
navigator)--that
after four years ownership.  So that's about one flat  every five years?  BTW
I carry a scissor jack in my car and retain the  original pot jack in hers.

Best--Michael Oritt