RE: Test

To: "'Quinn, Patrick'" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>, "'healeys'"
Subject: RE: Test
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 19:48:36 -0400
Thanks guys...wonder why this won't go to the list?

Whenever the time comes to rebuild a six cylinder engine I get really
nervous when I have to mount that big lump on my engine build stand. In
addition to the fact that the whole thing is a bit unstable it is impossible
to install the rear engine plate to the block or the flywheel to the
crankshaft when the engine is mounted in the "normal" manner.
Engine stands for building aircraft engines are much better thought out and
almost without exception the engine is mounted to the build stand in such a
way that every component can be easily removed or fitted without having to
lift the engine off the stand.
I have drawn up a simple adaptor for the Healey 6 cylinder block which
should allow this to be achieved using a standard engine stand.
I don't have any 6 cylinder engines in the works at the moment but if
someone out there is about to start one of these projects I would be happy
to share my drawings to enable them to build such an adaptor.
The person would have to have access to a laser or plasma profile cutter
capable of handling = steel plate, a drill press and welding facilities.
Any takers?

Michael Salter
100S (1955)
3000 Mk111(1965)