Healey6 Web Site

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Healey6 Web Site
From: John Sims <ahbn6@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 20:20:28 -0400
For several weeks I have been changing the look and feel of the
www.healey6.com  web site. Some of the pages have become so long that they
take an eternity to load.

Accordingly, I have converted many of them to tables.

For example, when looking for items that have appeared on the Healey List
with photos that the Healey List strips, I now have a simple table setup in
which you click on the item and you will get a PDF file of the item, with
Photos, that you can easily print.

The pages containing the tables may load a little slowly but it is now
easier and faster to find the article that you need so it evens out.

And, I have even alphabetized the items. OMIGOSH, what a revelation.

As much as possible, I have done the same with other pages that were
cumbersome.

I have changed the menu system to a menu that appears near the top of the
page and when you hover your mouse over it, the menu items "magically"
appear.

This new structure as well as the menu system has been tested with the
comments of several listers. THANKS GUYS! The most stringent test was with a
person who used to work for me and is the epitome of computer illiterate. He
once showed me his computer which was turned on and said proudly "see, I do
too know how to turn it on".  Unfortunately for him, the screen had a "non
system disc error" prominently displayed on it. (Pre Windows) He had no idea
what it meant. When I removed the disk from the "a" drive and was able to
boot, he called me a computer genius. I still use him as a test subject.

Nevertheless, if you guys and gals have any comments or ideas, let me know.
The menu can be moved to the right side or left side instead of the top but
I have to learn more java coding to do it. This is an off the shelf system
but changing it is hairy.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com