Fwd: Austin Healey HBJ8L/41574 Birthday

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Austin Healey HBJ8L/41574 Birthday
From: sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 10:56:35 +1000
Quoting Warren Dietz <flyhihealey@hotmail.com>:

>   Built this week back in 1967. Took delivery Sept.\Oct.1967
> I have driven every 171,000  + miles with fond memories(mostly). No trailer
>
> queen here!
>
> Will bestow a surprise 40th birthday gift. A double shot of "ZDDP" in the
> crank....and
> a tankfull of 100LL avgas !! Cheers.
>
> Thanks to all of you on the "list" for helping to keep it running.
>
>   WD     Austin Healey HBJ8L/41574 (Golden Beige)
>
> __A MOST IMPRESSIVE PERFORMANCE BY BOTH OF YOU.

a FIRST OWNER
an UNUSUAL AND NOT RED,BLUE OR TWO TONE COLOUR
a STILL OWNER STICKING WITH YOUR INITIAL INTEREST THRO GOOD AND
BAD,UNFASHIONABLE AND NOW FASHIONABLE AGAIN AND NOT YET TEMPTED TO SELL BECAUSE
OF THE ATTRACTIVE HIGH PRICES OF TODAY.

AND WHAT A BLOODY MILEAGE FOR AN LBC.

I THINK THERE SHOILD BE A SEPERATE 'HALL OF FAME' FOR SUCH A STATUS.

( now if my bank manager had been more receptive to a 17 yo. pleas back in 1966
I can only think, what if!!!  To make it worse my mate Rob went along to the
same showroom and had a better plea bargining story for his financier and still
owns the last BJ.8 imported to Australia by BMC)

Joe