Re: Lifts

To: RicPhillips@aol.com, Healeys at Autox <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lifts
From: Dave Schweninger <quenty@ntelos.net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 19:34:30 -0400
Hello Ric
I installed a 2 post lift when I built my Shop/Garage. I purchased it
from a company called "Team Lift" in Texas. the price was
$2020 Including Shipping to central Virginia. I opted for the TPO9A.
which has asymmetrical lift arms. This puts the columns at about base
of the windshield. allowing you to open the doors with the car up.
Keep in mind you need 12 Ft. floor to ceiling clearance.
Installation requires some heavy lifting. I talked to my contractor
and he agreed to stand the big columns up and place them in the
general area where they would wind up. He also agreed to loan me his
8' rolling scaffold. And his Gorilla Hammer drill. I did the rest by
myself. The instructions are pretty clear. You can work the columns
into position and level them using a 4' level and a pinch
bar. The anchors come with the kit. Big. 3/4" I used 3/4" washers as
shims.
The concrete under the columns should be 8" thick. (I used 12").
This Lift is one of the best things I ever bought! when I look back
over 45 years I spent worming around under Hot Rods, Customs, Drag Cars,
This thing would be cheap at twice the price! Google "Automotive
lifts" Take a look at the Pace site, their VTP-9C is pretty much like
mine.
Good Luck
Dave and Daisy