Re: [Healeys] Kids and our hobby

To: Bob Brown <BlkBt7@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Kids and our hobby
From: John Vrugtman <javrugtman@htcnet.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:06:15 -0400
Returning from Conclave, we stopped in a small town, Dushore,
Pennsylvania.  At a convenience store, a young man came up to us.  He
introduced himself and said he liked the car, but the main interest was
his wife liked Healeys so much, she had named her son, Austin Healey
(first and middle name).  No parents or grandparents in her family had
owned a car....  she had seen them and loved them.  We met the young
boy, about 6 years old, who told us he was named after the car!  He had
not actually seen an Austin Healey, so of course, we had a picture
session with him.  Unfortunately, we did not take the pictures.  His
parents and family (or friends) with him took pictures standing in front
of the car and Austin kneeling in the drivers seat.  He was so pleased.
He is a Future 50 for sure.

If anyone knows someone near Dushore, PA (you know, six degrees of
separation) and might know the boy and/or family, we would like to keep
in touch with him and his family.

John & Cindy