Re: [Healeys] Trafficator Center Switch

To: "David Z" <davzu29@cox.net>, "Healey List Emails" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Trafficator Center Switch
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:02:17 -0400
Dave, et al,

I've usually found that there are two common causes for this mechanism not
to cancel properly.

1. The cancelling plate has been distorted in some way that will not allow
sufficient push on the cancelling arm.

2. Somebody has had the mechanism apart and placed the cancelling arms in
backwards.

It is most important that the little hinged cancelling arms have their
protruding angled ends positioned in a V in relation to each other. If they
are turned around, they will not cancel properly.

In addition, the cancelling plate with its raised "cam" surface must be bent
so it is in a direct parallel contact with the cancelling arms when it
passes by. The raised cam surface must contact the cancelling arms
sufficiently to push them up into the mechanism, causing a release.

I cannot imagine enough simple wear to take place that would cause these
things not to work.

Rich Chrysler