Re: [Healeys] Why not a message board?

To: glemon@neb.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Why not a message board?
From: "E.A. Driver" <edriver@sasktel.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:45:36 -0600
Hello Greg

 From time to time I go back to the "Forum" but as with John I find the
"List"  a more personal,  more constructive, and more friendly and an
totally unaffected place.

Also the idea of ascending through levels of "star wars" titles
is to me a little juvenile - the number of e-mails you post is truly
irrelevant.  It is the content rather than the number of the posts
that makes the List valuable. I also find the interjection of non car
comments and the politics provided by the moderator to be an
unfortunate practice.

The initial idea behind the "Lists" whether it be Morgans,
Sprites, etc. was to help, to learn, and as a side light  a homely
friendly place to enjoy.  Over the years I have catalogued many
e-mails on a great variety of topics from oil pumps to concours -
it is now to a basic encyclopaedia of  solutions for Healey from safety
to body repair.  I have also formed some enduring friendships,
more than a few I have met, stayed with them when on the road, and
others who always ask and wonder when Margaret and I will visit.

The List has many who have gone out of their way to educate and assist
mainly in a forthright manner but occasionally with humour, some of
these are my fellow countrymen - Rich Chrysler, Scott Morris,
Mike Salter.  Other notables such as Patrick Quinn,  Steve Byers,
David Ward,  Roger Moment,  Doug Reid (aka Mr. Finespanner) , the
Alan's (Hong Kong and UK) , David Russell, the Nocks, Gary Anderson and
Richard Gordon to name only a few  have provided for  my Healey
education since  May 1999.  It is this group and others who have made
the "Healey List" a pleasure to visit each morning.

Finally there are individuals such as John Sims who have graciously offer
their web sites to host photos and articles  (especially those from Rich
Chrysler) while others have provided links to their photos of  ongoing
projects.  Thus allowing for a multi-faceted interaction between individuals
or the entire List. Thus the List is a comfort to this Healey owner.

Kind regards
Ed
Saskatoon