[Healeys] Check your flexible oil line

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Check your flexible oil line
From: Lisa Topping <bugtop@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 22:48:49 -0700
Just a nice idea to check the condition of your flexible oil line.
Located under the carbs, and goes to the oil pressure gauge.  I
noticed a line of oil coming into my driveway, looked down and lo
there was a stream coming from the bell housing.  I thought it was a
"blown" crank seal (or what there is of one), and after looking at
the archives, found someone with a similar problem and it was the
flexible oil line.  Anyway, my flex line had leaked about 4 quarts of
oil up to that point.  They are pretty cheap, ~$16 and take about 1/2
hour to replace including jacking up.  cheap insurance.

Mark Buggy
'67 BJ8