[Healeys] ebay fake listing again

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] ebay fake listing again
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 22:29:57 -0500
Thanks, I was just looking at an MGB a few days ago, it wasn't particularly
nice and the price was low, and it was in my home town, I bid (price was way
low so wasn't worried) and e-mailed I would like to see the car.

The guy cancels all the bids, go to bid history, he has canceled about 15
bids with the note "e-mail me so I can tell you my reserve--starting to
smell pretty ripe.

Then after the auction ends he sends me an e-mail saying his reserve was
$3500 and did I want to buy the car.  Money would be through ebay with a
$20000 fraud protection program.  I once again said I was in the same town
and wanted to see it.  He emailed again saying basically that he wanted  to
go through e-bay take my money and sell me the car, and that it would be
fraud protected.

My last email was good luck with your scam I have already reported you, not
that anything will happen to the guy.

Anyway, I have seen many fraudulent listings, but this is the first I have
corresponded with the seller on, he wisely did not pick a real nice car at a
ridiculous price, like the $8000 fully restored BJ8 or whatever, but a
driver B that he was trying to scam out at roughly it market value give or
take.

Anyway if you read this whole thing, interesting stuff eh--be careful out
there.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1