Re: [Healeys] Voltage Regulator Problems

To: Rich C <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Voltage Regulator Problems
From: John Harper <AH@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 21:57:48 +0100
Rich

If the indicator lamp is increasing in brightness and then burns out it
is getting both positive and negative voltage added together so as to
give something over 24 volts across it.

I would suggest that your generator has not been polarised correctly or
has reverted of its own accord to its previous state. Just try
re-polarising. Take a wire from the battery on the side not connected to
the chassis and touch it for a few seconds on the 'F' field terminal of
the generator. For your own peace of mind I suggest that you temporarily
disconnect both generator leads but this should not actually be
necessary.

If successful the indicator lamp should now reduce in intensity as the
generator revs increase and eventually go out when the cut out points
make

Regards

--
John Harper