[Healeys] Healey won't start/ now she purrs.... Speaking of Rotors

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Healey won't start/ now she purrs.... Speaking of Rotors
From: "rjhco" <rjh@hockertlaw.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 19:57:23 -0500

Speaking of cracked distributor rotors, good news!  I have sourced some
reliable rotors that have been redesigned and fabricated to eliminate the
design flaws that cause the recently available rotors to fail.

The new rotors have five significant design changes:
1.  The material out of which the body is molded contains less carbon black
(the agent that conducts the errant spark to the dizzy shaft);
2.  The location of the rivet has been moved outboard, further away from the
dizzy shaft;
3.  The installed length of the rivet is shorter.
4.  There is no spring clip inside of the rotor to attract the spark;
5.  They do not crack or fail.

I had to order 50 rotors to access the product.

There are two rotors available:

1. Lucas equivalent LU 418726, which fits Lucas distributors 25D6, 22D6,
DM6, MD6
(Big Healey six cylinder, Triumph TR250, TR6, many Jag six cylinders, Land
Rover Series IIa/III0, Big Healey BN2 with DM6)
2.  Lucas equivalent LU 40051, which fits Lucas distributors 25D4, DM2 and
some other 25D distributors
(Sprites, Midgets, Big Healey BN1 with DM2, Triumph Spitfires, vintage
Minis, some Land Rovers)

The rotors are more expensive than the ones that fail.  The new rotors are
better quality and are amortizing the new die/design costs.  They are $12.75
plus $2.25 shipping in the US.

I expect to have the shipment by the end of this month.  Contact me off list
if you are interested in purchasing a spare or two.  I am going to keep it
simple by using PayPal.

Best regards,
Jim Hockert