Re: [Healeys] Converting to rear disc brakes

To: "Jorge Garcia" <fortee9er@yahoo.com>, "Austin Healey"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Converting to rear disc brakes
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:01:57 -0500
Hi Jorge, my rear brakes (BT7 Mk2) are disks from a Cad ElDorado.
There's way too much to type about here, but some of the GM parts you
would need are pretty hard to find these days.  Other than that it's a
pretty simple conversion if you turn your own wrenches and don't mind
fabricating a few fiddly little pieces.  You'll need to put a brake
balance valve in the hydraulic line to the rear as those big disks will
lock up quickly if you don't.  Also, I added a street rod brake booster.
There are other conversions out there which may be more appealing to you
but mine was relatively cheap dollars.
Jack