Re: [Healeys] Carb jet tube clearance

To: "Daniel and Diane White" <dwhite4949@wowway.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Carb jet tube clearance
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:36:52 -0800
I have had the same problem w/ more than one tri-carb.  Luckily I find it
b/4 the body panels are installed.  The steering box has a clamp which can
be loosened, the metal plates (both sides of the firewall) w/ the big
grommets for the column have oversized holes for their 4 screws. The support
channel w/ the column clamp behind the instrument panel has slots  at both
ends.  Loosen everything, and push the column to the left as far as the
opening in the instrument panel will allow.  There should be just enough
clearance for the choke to work.  Sounds easy, but might be much harder w/
the body installed.  (I've done 3 ground up restos on tri-carbs, and had
this problem on as least 2 of them.  Maybe there is something you and I are
missing about assembling the carbs/manifolds)
John Snyder