[Healeys] BN4 Measurements

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BN4 Measurements
From: Rick Swain and Wendy Grant <grain@auracom.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:04:09 -0300
Does anybody have a BN4 or BT7 that is stripped down to the chassis
who would be willing to share some measurements with me? Even some
BN6 or BN7 measurements may be fine. This fall I'm taking my BN4
apart to replace the frame with a Kilmartin one. The problem is that
sometime in the past repairs were done and the rear of the car
doesn't sit the way it should. The frame itself (covered with all
sorts of bits and pieces over everything that's accessible) appears
to be straight but there are problems with what was replaced.
Homemade outriggers replace the originals. New sills were welded onto
the outriggers but one is tipped so that it sits low in back. Either
that or the other one is high in the back.

New quarter panels (homemade) were installed but perhaps not in the
right place. One side of the car may be fine but the other is off. I
want to try to get things as good as I can when I start welding
pieces to the new frame.

Everybody says that no two Healeys are exactly the same and the
measurements from another car won't work on mine. In the absence of
correct positioning of pieces on my car when the work was done 20
years ago I'd like to have some correct measurements (even if not
specific to my car) as a starting point.

Thanks

Rick Swain
'59 BN4