Re: [Healeys] Phishing or real?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Phishing or real?
From: <shop@justbrits.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 21:28:09 -0500
Michael:

First, I am NOT "picking" on you!!!  You entire post IS below the *** line.

Your post just proves just how many Listers (couple VERY wrong answers),
yourself included, have NOT read anything about the NEW List program.  All the
info IS available at bottom of every List post.

The next thing it proves is that MailMan (program MJB has changed to - because
it is WAY better than majordomo) conforms to Internet Standards whereas aol
does NOT!!  They write their own rules and think the world should conform.
NOT.

I run a dozen or so Mail Lists that I use MailMan for and the PRIMARY "problem
child" (and PITA) IS aol.  gmail is second, with hotmail coming in third.  I
VERY, VERY rarely have problems with my Lists where folks use their own ISP
mail address.    $5/mo or less and you get exactly what you earn/deserve.

I'll even go so far as to offer everybody a FREE mail box/address thru my
site.  And I PAY for my email boxes/addresses<G>!!

Ed
'63 BJ-7 (Hortence THE Healey wearing STD. IL plates    AH BJ 7    )
*
I received the following from "Healeys-request@autox.team net.   Is this
legit or a phishing scheme?

***LEGIT and proper***

  There was more text and it ultimately  gave me a
password which was incorrect.  Anyone else get one of  these:

"Your membership in the mailing list Healeys has been disabled due  to
excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was  dated
13-Oct-2007.

***You WILL have to do this!!***

You will not get any more messages from this list  until
you re-enable your membership.  You will receive 3 more reminders  like
this before your membership in the list is deleted."

***and it will be***

Best--Michael Oritt