Re: [Healeys] Phishing or real?

To: 'Bob Haskell' <rchaskell@earthlink.net>, Awgertoo@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Phishing or real?
From: John Sims <ahbn6@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 09:24:34 -0400
There is nothing worse than a reformed sinner. I can remember quite well
when AOL first started, they encouraged bulk emails because they got revenue
from the large senders. Then, they realized that most of the bulk emails
were SPAM and put filters on their system so harsh that several years ago,
they blocked my ISP --Optimum on line (Cablevision) because of the large
number of emails transiting their system with the @optonline.net email
ending. This lasted for about a month in which no one on the Cablevision
system could send emails to an AOL customer. So, those of us who saw the
light and used Cablevision instead of AOL were penalized. I remember the
conversation with the Cablevision techies who flat told me that Cablevision
was going to sue AOL if the restrictions were not lifted.

I have friends who believe AOL's propaganda that if they move from AOL, they
will no longer be able to send or receive emails. They continue to use AOL
in fear even though they have cable modems and access to the cable company's
ISP. Go figure!

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com