Re: [Healeys] O/D Problems

To: "'Greg Lemon'" <glemon@neb.rr.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] O/D Problems
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 12:21:09 -0400
Hi Greg, before you start tearing things apart I would strongly recommend
that you do as much diagnosis as you can.
Try to check whether or not the voltage to the overdrive solenoid is "going
away" causing the overdrive to drop out.
A test light connected to the solenoid wire, which you can view while
driving, is quite adequate for this.
Once that test is completed you will have a much clearer idea of how to
proceed.

Michael Salter
100S (1955)
3000 Mk111(1965)