Re: [Healeys] So CA Fires & AH Club

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] So CA Fires & AH Club
From: Rick Snover <ricksnover@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 16:00:24 -0700
At 08:57 PM 10/27/2007, Gerry Kwiat <AAHealeyguy@aol.com> wrote:
>...past [AHCSD] President  Bob Farnsworth & wife Sue, lived on Starvation
>Mountain in Ramona, and did lose their home, totally burned to the ground
>including their 3 Healeys. They were able to get out just in time with
>their lives and pets, no notice, embers burning around them as they fled.

Several of us from the club joined Bob & Sue at their home site yesterday
for a "Sift & Sort" tech session, to see if we could help them find any
treasures among the ruins. I was astonished at how completely the house had
burned... hardly any wood left at all, leaving the stucco walls to collapse
inward atop everything else (including the already collapsed tile roof).
Bob & Sue seemed to be in fair spirits, considering.

I'm no expert, but there didn't appear to be much left of their three 100s
in the garage that was going to be salvageable. We did manage to dig out a
quite a few hand tools, many of which had belonged to Bob's father, a
carpenter, and I'm told should clean-up reasonably well. Small comfort
probably, but maybe better than nothing.

I've posted a copy on our web site of a few pictures from my cell phone.
The quality's not very good, and I have a hard time looking at them myself,
but if you're interested see http://www.sdhealey.org/SiftAndSort.html

Rick

--
Rick Snover, San Diego, CA, USA <http://people.qualcomm.com/rsnover>
Vice President (Membership), Newsletter Editor (Interim) & Web Master