Re: [Healeys] fuel gallon marks by observation

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] fuel gallon marks by observation
From: <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 8:22:04 -0500
O.K., here is another data point for the study:
New BJ8 fuel tank tank from Moss Motors, already installed in the car and used.

I started by siphoning out all of the gas, including whatever was in the sump,
and storing it in another car.  The tank was in the car, sitting level in my
garage with the filler tube disconnected so that I could see the level of the
gas when it approached the neck.

I filled a graduated container and poured a measured gallon into an empty milk
jug, then marked the level of exactly one gallon.

The tank held exactly 13 gallons, 26 ounces up to the bottom of the integral
filler neck on the tank.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry