Re: [Healeys] fuel gallon marks by observation

To: "Healey Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] fuel gallon marks by observation
From: "Leonard Hartnett" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:33:59 -0800
Another thought came to me.  Since the figure of 14.4 US gallons came from the
Driver's Handbook, the difference could be attributed to the fact that the
tank did not, in fact, hold 12 British gallons as printed.  The conversion at
1.2009 is correct to 14.4 gallons US.  The 12 gallon (Brit) was carried
forward to all the workshop manuals I have, also.

I'm going with the consensus of 13 + gallons and remarking my dip stick
accordingly (that's 0.385 or 3/8 inch per gallon approx.)

My Final Answer!

(The Other) Len
Vacaville,  California,  USA
1967 3000 MKIII, HBJ8L39031