Re: [Healeys] Car in storage

To: "Alan Schultz" <alan@andysnet.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Car in storage
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 11:18:11 +0800
Gilbert / Alan -

My major problem with the carcoon is:

1) The thing takes up space in your garage
2) You have to plug it in and keep it plugged in all the time.
3) It does not prevent ambient humidity from building up in the
carcoon and in places/times of year with high humidity it will not be
good for your car.

Again, go for the car storage bag and put in chemical dehumidifiers in
there with the car.  Once in - it is sealed and dry.  I have put my
BJ8 for as much as a year here in 100% humidity Hong Kong and unzipped
the bag a year later and the car's disk brakes have no rust on them at
all and there was still fuel in the float bowls.  No dust, no mildew,
no rust.  The car started right up and drove off as if it was parked
the night before.  In addition this car storage bag does not take up
space in the garage and works well as long as it is under cover (it
works if open to the elements as long as it's covered from the rain).
I usually zip up my car in the storage bag if I plan on not driving
for a week or more.  It takes 3 minutes to put in the bag and 2
minutes to take it out. Have a look:

http://www.calcarcover.com/product.aspx?id=76&cid=8

HIGHLY recommended.

Alan