Re: [Healeys] Mechanic/Hard Starting

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Mechanic/Hard Starting
From: Edward Keuer <edwjkeuer@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:28:26 -0600
Hello All,

Here in Chicago temps have been in the 30's and 40's and my "new old"
BJ8 won't start either, without 10 minutes of cajoling and repeated
trials. Often the last thing I hear is a high pitched "whine" coming
from the engine bay - something I've never heard before. Once it
finally does start get past about 120 degrees, it runs beautifully. I
tried replacing the choke springs but that did not help.

I've wondered whether or not I need to provide some heat to the engine
during the winter to avoid this problem. I'm sure that all the
coughing and sputtering, and detonation, can't be too good for things
over the next 4-5 months.

If anyone has any ideas or experience, I appreciate your help very much.

Edw. J. Keuer
'66 BJ8