Re: [Healeys] How Bout them Rear Seats, Wow!

To: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] How Bout them Rear Seats, Wow!
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:50:15 -0500
Mark,

Are you referring to the lacing down of the rear seat covers through the
series of holes in the seat pan? This keeps the pleated portions down and
smooth while allowing the outer U shaped perimeter to be pulled smoothly
into place with even pressure and without glue.

On a properly constructed set of rear seat covers incorporating the tie
downs, this is a very simple procedure. On the other hand if these laces
were not incorporated into the construction of the seat covers, I could see
where you are sounding frustrated.

I've seen some of the cheaper improperly constructed rear seat covers thet
seem to rely on adhesive to keep the pleated portion down in its proper
place, and over time with dampness, hot sunshine, etc. the glues can let go,
leaving the area looking very poor. The factory must have obviously realized
this and incorporated the lacing down of the panels.

Lastly, "concourse" is a walkway, "concours" is a contest.<grin>

Rich Chrysler