Re: [Healeys] FRONT SHOCK ARMS vs. NEW UPPER TRUNNION BUSHES -

To: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] FRONT SHOCK ARMS vs. NEW UPPER TRUNNION BUSHES -
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 13:53:40 -0500
Jack,

This is quite a common and normal situation, which I've dealt with many
times. First loosen off the nut, lock and interconnecting bolt between the
two shock arms. Then loosen the clamp bolt from the arm to shaft on the one
side of the shock. Now with a large flat blade screwdriver you don't mind
abusing, gently tap it into the joint space between the two shock arms where
the interconnecting bolt passes through. This will open up adequately to
allow the trunnion rubbers to press in between the arm eyes.A tapered pin is
handy to centralize the eyes to the trunnion bush holes. Then be sure to
lubricate the trunnion pin with an antiseize paste and run the pin through.
Now everything can be run in and tightened up, interconnecting shock arm
bolt first, remembering to have the 2" spacer under the shock arm to set all
the trunnion rubbers at their optimum position.

Rich Chrysler