[Healeys] Rear End Alignment Redux

To: healeylist <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Rear End Alignment Redux
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 07:19:09 -0800
Looks like a few other Listers have the same or similar problem, though
most of the replies were from owners of pre-BJ8 cars with panhard rods.

Alan Seigrist suggested worn U-bolts and/or shackles, which I will check
ASAP.  But, I wonder why worn shackles and/or U-bolts would manifest the
rubbing only on hard left cornering--if there was slop in the rear
suspension, I would think I'd get the rubbing turning both ways.  I'm
wondering if there is some sort of built-in bias--in both panhard and
radius arm cars--that causes the rear-end to be either skewed to the
left or to move leftward more than to the right when cornering (this
makes sense with panhard rod cars, but not radius arm).  If there was
such a bias it would probably affect how the car corners--any racers
noticed this?

Thanks for any and all input.

bs