[Healeys] painting engine bay

To: healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] painting engine bay
From: Carroll A Phillips <bjcap@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:28:47 -0500
Ken,

Seems to me that your getting what is called fish eye,  youve got
contaminates in the sheetmetal or paint  which cause the paint to move away
or not adhere like a drop of oil and water.
If your only getting this in areas where brake fluid was leaking and the
rest of the engine bay is laying down fine thats your problem, get down to
last layer that wasnt affected or bare metal and clean and sand real good
with a wax and grease remover such as PPG DX 330 or equivalent.I like to use
PPG DP epoxy as my primer .

Carroll Phillips    Top Down Restorations