Re: [Healeys] painting engine bay

To: "Healey Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] painting engine bay
From: "Leonard Hartnett" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:25:15 -0800
I have just checked with my son who works for an automotive paint supplier.
I am not an expert in this matter but I have, in the (distant) past, used a
fisheye additative when painting.  If I am reading my scribbled notes
correctly, his basic information is:  if using a base coat, put on several
very light coats with a very long flash time.  There is an additive for the
clear if you are using it.  Additives are available for uncatalized 'old
school' paints but not for today's catalized paints.  His most important
recommendation - be patient.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville,  California,  USA
1967 3000 MKIII, HBJ8L39031