Re: [Healeys] FW: Castrol Syntec

To: "'Tom Mitchell'" <3000mk3@bighealey.org>, <Warthodson@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] FW: Castrol Syntec
From: "Tom Mitchell" <3000mk3@bighealey.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 16:29:54 -0500
According the distributor Castrol is pulling the entire older inventory to
prevent this from happening to anyone else. They are reordering two cases of
the correct oil, which should be here Monday.

I can keep the incorrect oil, although not sure what I can use it for, humm.

They are also sending me some discount coupons for my troubles.

>From what I gather they just grabbed what they had in the warehouse, not
realizing the older stuff was still out there. Although that doesn't explain
why there wasn't a new p/n and or some kind of bulletin?
O well at least I didn't use it yet, although at 90,000 miles on the engine
I'm not sure it would matter

Tom Mitchell
1965 Austin Healey BJ8 Mark III
Ann Arbor, Michigan