Re: [Healeys] dos & don'ts on an engine rebuild

To: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] dos & don'ts on an engine rebuild
From: richard mayor <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 02:32:05 +0000
Eric, I just reread your post. You wanted a motor that would go to 6000 RPM.
That will never happen without headers. Additionally, you will need a cam
reground to give you more lift and a little bit more duration (the operative
words here being "a little bit more" duration - at the very least a BJ-8 grind
but not much more duration if you want to keep bottom end performance), some
porting should be done on your head, larger valves would also help and
definetly an uprated rocker assembly. The stock rocker ratio is "officially"
1.5 to 1, but in reality they are all about 1.43 to 1. I sell remanufacturered
rocker assemblies that actually have a 1.5:1 ratio. If you, or anyone else is
interested, contact me off line.  Richard Mayor