[Healeys] 100 windshield

To: List Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] 100 windshield
From: Ray Juncal <healeyray@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:31:46 -0800 (PST)
Brethren of the list
    Most of you guys know me as the guy that makes the finned aluminum valve
covers. <healeyray.com> I want some list input on something I'm thinking about.
    The other day on a club cruise I was the passenger in a 100 with the
windshield in the low position.  Since I wasn't driving I got to thinking,
mostly about the wind blast right in my face.  It hits you at eye level.  All
you guys with 100s know what I'm talking about.  They look so cool with the
windshield down but it's rough to drive them that way.  I figure if the
windshield was about 4" higher in the down position that air blast would go
just over the top of your head.
    I'm going to to make new fender mounts with the pin location an inch and a
quarter further back than the stock ones.  That makes the top of the windshield
 9" high in the new low position and gives an angle of around 35 degrees.  The
stock low position is 4" high.  This looks pretty rakish and should be more
functional.  You can see through the glass at that angle.  I can sculpt these
to look almost stock.
    How does this sound to you guys?  Comments?  Should I make a batch to sell
or just carve a pair out of brass for myself?
Regards
Ray Juncal