Re: [Healeys] front wing cut-out

To: lists@brits-n-pieces.com, "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] front wing cut-out
From: "Curt/Nancy Arndt" <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 07:24:35 -0800
Eric & Alan,

There were actually 3 different front wheel opening sizes on the 100s.  The
size of the opening is best measured by the distance from the top of the
wing above the highest point of the wheel opening straight down to that
opening..

On the earliest 100s, from before body number 900 (body # 883 documented),
this distance measures anywhere from 9 3/8 to 9 1/2 inches.  These early '53
BN1's have the smallest front wheel openings as Bill Barnett (#663) and
Roland Wilhelmy (#724) can attest.  BTW, this comes from personal
observation on almost a dozen original cars.

On the later BN1's and *around the first 600 BN2's* this distance is a
consistent 9 inches *+*.

On the remaining BN2's the wheel opening was increased substantially and
this distance now measures 7 1/2 to 7 3/4 *+* inches.  There are even some
reports of early BN2's with one small opening wing on one side and a large
opening wing on the other, but these are not well documented.

This is all well documented in the Concours Guidelines.

Cheers,

Curt Arndt - AH Concours Committee
Carlsbad, CA
'55 BN1, '60 AN5 :{) '72 RWA Midget, '06 Cooper S