Re: [Healeys] Friday Funnies

To: richard.ewald@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Friday Funnies
From: "WILLIAM B LAWRENCE" <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 06:48:42 +0000
But the Imperial Japanese Army didn't have anything to do with Pearl Harbor.
We should have sent FBI agents to Tokyo and demanded that Yamamoto be handed
over. All it takes is a little diplomacy, Right? Then we could have spent
years haggling over where and how to try him, whether he had rights under
Geneva even though Japan never signed, whether it would damage our national
soul or "standing in the world" if we executed him etc. In the end we would
have settled on us as the root cause of his rage and acquitted him so he
could come back and do it again. We would have paid reparations
to...uh...somebody, apologized to the Emperor's mistress and ended up
driving Japanese cars....Oh wait!

Bill Lawrence