Re: [Healeys] what is happening to the HEALEY list?????

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] what is happening to the HEALEY list?????
From: "P.M. Pollock" <pollpete@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 13:13:03 -0700
Mike,

Email lists can be treacherous.  Any worth its salt will from time to
time have disputes arise, some of which may become quite unpleasant.  My
theory is that most of the trouble arises from our unconsciously
relating to the messages as we would a face to face conversation at home
with a friend or neighbor- since we're on our own turf and relaxed,
etc.- while we are in fact "conversing" with friends who are actually
strangers, and without the crucial element of body language.   Given
this, the "wardroom" custom of avoiding religion, politics and sex makes
a lot of sense to me.

I'd urge you and others to hang in there.  The last time the List went
through something like this was around September of 2000.  IMO that
instance was much worse than the current - more personal (and not
politics/religion).  Although at the time it seemed a near thing, the
List survived and thrived, with IIRC most (maybe all) of the "hottest
collars" still fine contributors.

Cheers,

Pete Pollock
BJ7
N. California

--
IMPORTANT - PLEASE NOTE
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any