[Healeys] linkage ball & socket

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] linkage ball & socket
From: Warthodson@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 09:44:51 EDT
Several club members are working on restoring their throttle linkages &  need
to replace some badly worn ball & socket assemblies. Two of  them have
examined the replacements being sold by Victoria British  & have reported that
they
are very poor quality. I have not seen them  myself, but apparently the ball &
sockets are a very loose fit, resulting in  lots of slop & the "clip"
assembly is also not well manufactured. I  know, in general, the replacement
parts
from Burlen are of very good  quality but have never purchased the ball & socks
from them. Have any  of you purchased these from Burlen & what have you
thought of the quality? I  would be surprised if there were several companies
actualling  manufacturing these items. Any other thought or suggestions would
be
welcome.
Gary Hodson

Home.