Re: [Healeys] linkage ball & socket

To: <Warthodson@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] linkage ball & socket
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 07:49:36 -0400
I had the same trouble with the ones from Moss.   After a little bit of
field adjusting of the claw clamp thingy I was able to get all but one of my
new units to work.
The bad one will forever be in the pile or  "crap from foreign countries".

I am very surprised that no one has come up with a better joint than these.
So much
depends on the claw clamp integrity that it really spooks me.   If one of
those decides to give up its holding power I can only imagine what might
happen.  When I purchased my car one  joint was reinforced with bailing
wire.  Pretty scary.

What supplier do you use   Norm and David?

Mark