Re: [Healeys] BN1 or BN2 Transmission Conversion

To: dougnewton@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN1 or BN2 Transmission Conversion
From: Dave Russell <rusd@sitestar.net>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 09:10:09 -0600
Hi Folks,

I really like the charm & excellent operation of a "good" original BN2
four speed & 28% OD. Especially with a 3.55 ratio axle. Admittedly
expensive if your OD needs major work or if you are adapting a four
speed to an original three speed BN1.

Mike Lempert's 3.55 ring & pinion set for the hypoid axle is likely
easier to find, easier to install, & cheaper than the 3.66 LeMans axle.
Cape has ball joint clutch linkage that is far superior to the original
linkage.

Mike Oritt has converted his BN1 to a Toyota 5 speed & will likely be
able to advise on this conversion.

Dave Russell
BN2