[Healeys] Fw: New SU pump leaking 67 BJ8

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Fw: New SU pump leaking 67 BJ8
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 10:16:14 -0700
Ron:

A little trick that I learned long ago for BJ8's:  slip 4 pieces of suitably
sized rubber tubing over the rear seat pan fastening studs on the fuel pump
side of the car.  The tubing allows some friction in the holes, allowing the
seat pan to be easily removed - on the road, if need be - to get to the fuel
pump area without having to jack the car and remove the seat pan and / or
wheel.  If you simply lay the seat pan in place without the rubber sleeves,
the wind can blow it upwards at speed.

I've run my BJ8 this way for 20 odd years with no problems, and no one ever
knows!

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb