Re: [Healeys] Strange Problem

To: <nickzarkades@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Strange Problem
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 19:57:18 -0400
Hi Nick,
I would bet that your impression that it is running on 3 cylinders is
correct.
I would suggest the following:
1. Have someone push down on the throttle while you check that the
butterflies are actually opening, sometimes the clamps slip on the shafts.
2. Drive a short distance at full throttle then turn off the key, after
stopping, remove the float chamber lids and check that there is fuel in each
float chamber.
3. Remove the carb suction chambers and then, using a piece of tube, blow
into the overflow tubes for each carb, fuel should squirt out of the jet.
4. while the suction chamber is off see if you can pull the metering needle
out of the piston. Sometimes the locking screw comes loose.

Michael Salter
100 (1953)
AHX12 (1953)
Bugeye (1961)