Re: [Healeys] Strange Problem

To: "'Leonard Hartnett'" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>, "'Healey Mail
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Strange Problem
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 07:52:54 -0400
Apology accepted ;-)....LOL
Michael Salter
100 (1953)
AHX12 (1953)
Bugeye (1961)
http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/
Len -
Oh yes you are right, I forgot about the lever couplings.  Yes they can come
loose, but I've never seen that happen, they clamp pretty tight with only a
little bit of force.  The older type shaft couplings used on earlier healeys
come loose much more often - likely because you have to loosen them to tun
the carbs on earlier cars wheras on the HD8 carb you usually don't have to
loosen these couplings to fine tune the carb.

Alan