Re: [Healeys] Aluminum Radiators

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Aluminum Radiators
From: "F. Ronald Rader" <f.ronald.rader@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 13:54:38 -0700
I had a new core built using 4 rows instead of three.  You cannot tell
form casual looking. Also used dimple tubes (IIRC). Something about
more exterior surface of the tubes to increase cooling. Rebuilt the
water pump at the same time and put on the "desert???" fan more
blades??

This was about 6 years ago.  Hey, no one tell Gary!!

Results: the car runs cool at all times including the year we went to
Bakersfield, over the grape vine at 100+ temps. It was great on the
freeway and fine in Bakersfield on city streets at 113.

ron
1965 BJ8